Friday, December 31, 2010

Chad LeCroy

I changed my profile picture on Facebook today. It is still the holiday season, but the new picture is not one of me unwrapping a gift or hugging a relative. I am one of many others that did the same as we are all sharing a similar picture. Some are badges with a black stripe across the center and some are simply a picture of a fallen hero and a badge number. The picture of a father. A husband. A son that wont ring in the new year with his family this year.
Something as simple as putting a picture of this man on my facebook page wont change anything. There is nothing I or anyone else can do that will change what has happened. There is nothing I could say to his family that would make them or me feel any better. But it makes me proud to see so many people that wish they could. I never knew Trooper Chad LeCroy and I never will. An individual that doesn't understand the value of human life has made sure of this. There is no punishment that will make you understand what you have done to a family.
The peace I wish for the family will be difficult to find. You will be left to deal with your loss long after the public moves on. A scar that will ache when you least expect it, a bone that has grown back wrong. I hope you find peace and know that today the we cry with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment