Friday, June 1, 2012

5000 views


Although it was over two years ago, I remember clearly the first blog I posted on this site. I had just dropped my daughter off at school and on the ride home I started feeling kind of “reflective”. That’s probably not the right word for this context, but for some reason I was just feeling kind of sentimental…AND I wanted to write it down.

Honestly it had been quite a while since I had written anything other than a check. Writing was fun in college, but let’s just say that many birthdays with a zero in the number have passed since then and I wondered if my writing would even make sense. I quickly realized that of course it would make sense even if it was only to me! I just felt compelled to do it.

Well that was hundreds of blogs ago. I now have three different ones that I use to write about different things. One is kind of technical (for me) and I have to sometimes make myself post on it. Luckily UGA pays me while I’m writing some of those so that kind of takes the sting out. Another has lots of recipes and pictures on it, and while I love to read those, writing them is really not my style…I have to make myself post there too. It’s not like I have a giant fan base on those, I just hate to see them go unused…and it’s kind of an addiction. When all else fails write about how to cook something!

This one, my first one, is the one I love! I didn’t realize I was naming it Looking Ahead; that was just the title of my first post. But I liked it; it seemed fitting so I kept it. Over the last 2+ years I have made a lot of friends here that like to read and write just like me. I have to admit that for a while I thought my wife might be right when she said “something is wrong with a person that reads 80 books year”, but trust me; there are many out there that read way more than that! Are they normal? Are you? Ha!

I decide to write this post after realizing last week that I had now had over 5000 views on this blog!  I can’t tell exactly who reads it, but I can say that I’ve had views from ten different countries. I’m sure some of those are after my credit card number, but it’s still fun to track nonetheless. Thanks to all of my friends for the nice comments, and a special thanks to those who choose to live by the golden rule of “if you ain’t got something nice to say, don’t say anything”!

2 comments: