Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Variables

Life is full of variables. There is little we can do about this no matter how hard we try. While they often work in our favor, the ones we really remember are the negative ones; the bad news. The older I get, the more I try to minimize variables. I try to take care of myself and my possessions as best I can, but often all I can really do is sit around with my fingers crossed; I hope (and pray) for the best!

I’m sitting in the waiting area dreading the diagnosis. Surely everything will be fine, this is routine. Of course I have Googled the problem, it IS 2012! There is no excuse to walk in blindly as we did in the past, we can read page after page online and get a pretty good idea of what the problem is. But…here I sit waiting on the diagnosis. I’m once again at the mercy of someone else; someone with much more training and experience in this field; someone who sees this every day. An individual that will try to be sympathetic when breaking the news, good or bad.

Well today was a good day, the news was not bad. With any luck it will be a long time before I have to come back and yes, I will not wait so long between check-ups ever again…I promise!

I don’t mean to make light of tragedy, but I hate having my truck worked on!

4 comments:

  1. You got me! I was ready to pick up the phone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! When I saw my truck in the bay I thought of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you, Drew...My mind was jumping to the end...Trying to predict the end...Lord, If I had known that it was your truck, I would have phoned and sent a card...Are you sure it's all over???Pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. My truck is fine. I was actually getting the tires rotated and balanced, but...a nail was found in one of the tires! Luckily this was corrected with same day surgery and no follow up is needed.

    ReplyDelete